GarageBand not showing up in the App Store? Trying to download GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 or earlier? In this video, I show you how to download GarageBand iOS on your iPhone or iPad if you are running iOS 12 and unable to update to the latest version in iOS 13.
GarageBand updated to version 2.3.8 in October 2019, and the new version is only compatible with iOS 13. If you are running an iPhone or iPad that is one iOS 12 or earlier, you can still download GarageBand, but you can’t search and download straight from the App Store.
Here’s how to download GarageBand iOS on iOS 12:
1. If you have downloaded it before, go to the App Store and the “Today” tab, then go to your account and to “Purchased”. Find “GarageBand” in the list of app and download
2. If you have NOT downloaded it before, you need to either get someone who HAS downloaded it to sign in to your iPhone or iPad using their Apple ID and then download it to your device, OR you can log in to an iOS 13 compatible device using your Apple ID, download GarageBand there, then return to your iOS 12 device and you will be able to download the latest version (version 2.3.7) to your older device.
What iPhones and iPads are compatible with iOS 13?
1. iPhone 6S/SE or more recent
2. iPad Air 2 or more recent
3. iPad Mini 4 or more recent
4. Any iPad Pro
Learn more about iOS 13 compatibility here – https://youtu.be/cJt49agDl0M
Learn about the cool features in iOS 13 here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZUmuykW-MQ&list=PLc8Xg_23Wa547ZudD55ihwYAupJ-1C0Im
How to start a new song in GarageBand – https://youtu.be/PlKkPfAS2Zk
GarageBand iOS “Quick Jam” Tutorials – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp2yx0bREIA&list=PLc8Xg_23Wa56UTlzOg6CYtASLqyEeAaKi
== Pete Recommends ==
Full list of the audio and video gear I use is at: http://studiolivetoday.com/gear
Note – Links provided in this video description may be affiliate links, meaning that if you choose to purchase products using these links, a small commission may be paid to me for referring you.
Releasing Music – DistroKid – http://distrokid.com/vip/PeteJohns (7% off first year)
== Web & Social ==
Patreon – http://patreon.com/petejohns
Web – http://studiolivetoday.com
Facebook – http://fb.me/PeteJohnsMusic
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/petejohns/
Twitter – http://twitter.com/StudioLiveToday
Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/PeteJohns
Email – mailto://email@example.com